Better than most of your fluff
Well, finally you can switch from a pathetic quasi-porn quiz to another pop-culture quiz.
You're submissions never really seem to have much value and seem more of a pathetic tool to drive small bursts of traffic to zipperfish. This one seemed quite odd, as I got all but one on impossible but missed multiple on the second and third most difficult levels.
It would have been nice, rather than just assuming what games you thought were harder or easier to guess from, if you had actual levels of diffictuly, or different modes of play. Say, the first level was to guess the game. The next was guess the character, and the impossible was guess the level or something rediculous.
Overall, hope this fluff of a game boosts traffic to your website (prob not as much as your fluffy girl quizzes). It wasn't too bad; but rather too easy to see that you could care less about making a good game and care more about getting those clickies to your website's banners. I know you can do better.
Ouch.. nice game :)
Didn't even notice this was you guys.. well, it's an absolutely stunning game. Visuals are very sweet, good job Luis, and the programming/mechanics are very tight, amen NegativeONE.
But, I must inquire, no credit listed at all for me? Not even under Misc Support? Ouch... I guess the voices weren't that integral.. :(
Also, NegativeONE, I only encountered a few bugs (prob just freak occurences), but figured I'd list them for you.
1) One time the loader fully loaded, but nothing happened.. weird. No big deal though.
2) In the caverns, after falling down the big gap under the first blade, instead of warping to the previous land mass, I warped to a few ahead, a tall skinny one with the fat slug guy on it--though, I'm not really complaining on that one :)
3) And once falling down the same gap, I warped backwards to the caverns start, offscreen somewhere, and just kept dieing until all the lives were out.
Well, that was fun, good work!
Ech, sorry about that. I didn't even know who did the voices. The cutscenes were done completely outside of my intervention or view. I'll mention this to luis and we can have it added in the next update.
Regarding the bugs..
1) I have no idea how that could have happened. I can recheck the code, but I think that was a fluke. No one else has mentioned it happening.
2) Yeah, sometimes that'll happen when it finds something it doesn't like about the platforms behind the player, and defaults to one in front.
3) A common one. I lost the respawn system with the hard drive crash, making it one of the things that I had to impatiently rewrite. It didn't get the attention it should have, the second time around.
Good but cheesy...
Okay, first, I'm gonna try to hold back the fact I think this is stolen. I'll say that I enjoyed this (ALSO: I beat it, so everyone it is beatable, including level 18 :P ).
However, why is the programming/in-game graphics nicely done, but the menus suck dung? I mean, it doesn't take much to design some nice professional looking menus, especially if you can do the things needed to do to make the puzzle game. The blocks for the game are designed nicely, but the buttons for the music is a big awkward green and red circle? C'mon.
Read your instructions, there's a few spelling errors, and you spelled congratulations very wrong after you beat it.
It just doesn't look professional at all. It looks like you found an actionscript tutorial for the puzzle game and made a poor menu and submitted it (which is why I think you may have stolen this, and by stolen I mean just took a tutorial .fla from somewhere and submitted it with your menu).
But, if you did program it from the ground-up, then I must say that the actual game of it is very good, and the level design isn't too shabby either and quite addictive.
It's nice to see some in-depth tutorials on the portal, especially for special effects and such.
I just had on thing that may help the tutorial, if you placed the final outcome of the tutorial on the first slide, so that we know what we are trying to achieve as we go through the slide show.
Keep it up!
ok good idea
I enjoyed this game very much. It had a very smooth gameplay, and the graphics and sound fit in perfectly. On top of that, it was humorous. I also liked the statistics at the end. A very solid effort which is shown in this solid game.
The only drawback is it does get boring quickly..
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.